QEDWiki is a platform for collaboration
- Lightweight standards based collaboration environment
- Unstructured to Structured Data Definition
- Enables personal publishing
QEDWiki is a runtime for aggregated services:
- Dynamic platform for integrating “live” data
- Personalization in consumption of external services
- Application Concept (navigation, menus, install, config)
QEDWiki is an IDE for users to build ad-hoc applications:
- Consumes SOA services via Wiki markup
- Flexible visual drag-drop and markup based application development features
- Enable mark-up based client development
And a follow up article from Zend's Developer Zone.
This, combined with the IBM Application Designer for Medium Business, shows a concerted move by IBM that mirrors Microsoft's recent announcements (via Gregg Eldred). There appears to be a desire to push application development down to the masses and I'm not sure where that's coming from.
The concepts are great, I just find the hype overwhelming. You can't force such a fundamental change through, it takes time. It seems like the analysts who sit on the sidelines want this to be the new new thing so they can be proven true in their predictions, but those of us in the trenches really want to take it slowly to avoid disasters.
I spent most of the 1990's cleaning up non-programmers' attempts at application development in Visual Basic and Access. Time will tell whether this is a good thing or not.