It looked good on paper, but in Domino Designer 8, 7.0.2, and 7.0.3 there is a bug with this configuration. When you...
- Select a tab with an embedded view and
- Select a different row in the caption table
- You get this
It's a little hard to tell what's going on here, so let me explain. The caption rows expand and collapse properly. The tabbed table in the previously selected caption row disappears. But the embedded view stays put, covering the newly expanded caption and any others below it. I can't select any other caption row and I can't add anything to the current caption row.
Now for the real kick in the rubber parts: it only does this in Domino Designer. It works perfectly in Notes 8 Basic/Standard, 7.0.2 and 7.0.3. So far I have come up with three workarounds in Domino Designer:
- Close the form, and save it so the currently expanded caption will be visible when you reopen.
- Use a blank dummy tab at the end, and select that before changing caption rows.
- Scrap this altogether and find another solution.