2 quart saucepan
1 gallon pitcher
optional - permanent coffee filter
2 C water
2 C sugar
2 C freshly squeezed lemon juice
6 C water
2 large cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and chopped
pinch of kosher salt
1. Make simple syrup
- Combine the sugar and water in a 2 quart saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- When the sugar is fully dissolved and mixture is clear, remove from the heat.
2. Puree the cucumber
- Put the chopped cucumber in the blender carafe
- Add a pinch of salt
- Pour about half the lemon juice through a sieve into the blender
- Mix on high until liquefied, about 2 - 3 minutes
- OPTIONAL - Strain the cucumber mixture through a permanent coffee filter. This will give you a clearer lemonade. If you don't do this step the cucumber pulp will separate over time and you will have two distinct layers to your lemonade. Stir it before pouring and it will be fine.
3. Assemble the cucumber lemonade
- Pour the cucumber puree, simple syrup, and remaining lemon juice into a 1 gallon pitcher. Add 6 C water and stir to combine. Taste and add more water if it seems too sweet. Chill before serving.